Chicken Breakfast - Part 2


More breakfasts I have served my chickens!
To start off with, a fruit salad, nectarines and strawberries. Looks absolutely yummy right?
My chickens didn't think so, ignored it completely. Maybe it wasn't sweet enough?





The breakfasts are to keep the chickens full and or entertained for the rest of they day whilst I'm at work. One of the best, hanging corn! They will peck at it all day till it's all gone.
See? All gone.
They prefer hanging food to food on the ground. Don't know why, more entertaining I guess?
With Buffy's group, a head of broccoli is also loved, but Penguin's group totally ignores it.
Hanging clover is a hit too.


Hanging lettuce a hit too.
Cabbage is completely ignored by all parties.

Watermelon and melons in general are always loved on a hot day.
Wonder why they didn't like my fruit salad then?
Well, they liked this. Chopped apple with yoghurt and flaxseeds.

And now, I leave their absolute favourite to last.

My homemade muesli with plain yoghurt!
 It's just a mix of rolled oats, mixed dried fruit and some bran sticks. Sometimes I add in sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, dessicated coconut. Whatever I feel like adding. I have some for breakfast and I make some up for the chickens. A good source of protein and calcium for the chickens. Not sure if it has the same pro-biotic abilities for them as it has for humans, but it doesn't hurt them and they absolutely love it!

Massive hit. The chickens make that slurping noise trying to swallow it as quickly as possible.
This is Buffy's number 1 favourite meal. He'll be eating it way after the other hens have had their fill. You would think he'll explode with the amount he eats.

By the way, my chickens prefer eating off a spoon versus eating out of a bowl. No idea why, but they prefer to eat food out of my hand rather than on the ground or in a bowl. Maybe they think it is better manners to eat using a spoon? They often crowd around me eating off a spoon, completely ignoring the big bowl of food on the ground.

"I don't eat off the ground like some commoner dah-ling!"

Anyone else have sophisticated chickens?

Had to give them a good cuddle today, t'was cold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ivermectin for chickens

Poultry Lice Treatment - Pyrethrum bath

Egg cuticles - The outermost layer of the eggshell